“My Song Is Love Unknown”
– Hymns for our Lenten Journey
What would our worship be like without music?
While the centrality of God’s Word is unquestionable, our music, most of which reflects Biblical truths/themes, adds a richness to the celebration and witness of our faith. How often has a tune or a phrase in a hymn followed us from the sanctuary into the equally sacred places of our lives where we worship God through our vocations and service to others?
This Lenten season we will be exploring some of the classical Lenten hymns that have been part of our worship focus for most of our lives. Often times we’re so engaged in the work of singing, we can miss out on or not pay as close attention to the words and expressions themselves. Each week we will focus on the background of the hymn as well as the hymn itself. May we grow in our appreciation for these songs which reflect the “love unknown” of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Lenten Midweek Series
- February 22nd @ 7:15 pm – Ash Wednesday – “Savior, When in Dust to You” LSB 419
- March 1st @ 7:15 pm – Midweek Lent 1 – “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” LSB 425
- March 8th @ 7:15 pm – Midweek Lent 2 – “Christ, the Life of All the Living” LSB 420
- March 15th @ 7:15 pm – Midweek Lent 3 – “Come to Calvary’s Holy Mountain” LSB 435
- March 22nd @ 7:15 pm – Midweek Lent 4 – “In the Cross of Christ I Glory” LSB 427
- March 29th @ 7:15 pm – Midweek Lent 5 – “O Sacred Head Now Wounded” LSB 450
- April 5th – No Midweek Wednesday Service
- April 6th @ 7:15 pm – Maundy Thursday – “Glory Be to Jesus” LSB 433
- April 7th @ 7:15 pm – Good Friday – “Jesus, I Will Ponder Now” LSB 440
- April 9th @ 8:30 am and 11:00 am – Easter Sunday – “I Know that My Redeemer Lives” LSB 461